Articles of Faith, adopted 1808
– We believe in only one true and living God, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost.
– We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, and the only rule of faith and practice.
– We believe in the doctrine of election and that God chose His people in Christ before the foundation of the world.
– We believe in the doctrine of original sin.
– We believe in man’s impotency to recover himself from the fallen state he is in by nature by his own free will and ability.
– We believe that sinners are justified in the sight of God only by the imputed righteousness of Christ.
– We believe that God’s elect shall be called, converted, regenerated, and sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
– We believe that the saints shall be preserved in grace and never fall finally away.
– We believe that baptism, the Lord’s supper, and washing of the saints’ feet are ordinances of Jesus Christ, and that true believers are the only subjects of these ordinances, and the true mode of baptism is immersion.
– We believe in the resurrection of the dead and in a general judgment.
– We believe that the punishment of the wicked and the joys of the righteous will be eternal.
– We believe that no minister has a right to administration of the ordinances, only such as are regularly baptized, called, and come under the imposition of hands by a presbytery.
– We believe that none but regularly baptized members have a right to commune at the Lord’s Table